You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Back to all reports

9 Heron Park

Reported via mobile in the Abandoned vehicles category anonymously at 09:03, Thu 1 December 2022

Sent to Peterborough City Council less than a minute later. Council ref: 4007308.

PERSON who not living in Heron Park dumping vehicles across the road on pedestrian walkway, blocking road when current tenants parks cars opposite them own house. Please sort this situation out as it's not safe for pedestrian and other drivers thank you

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thanks for reporting this issue.

    Posted by Peterborough City Council at 09:03, Thu 1 December 2022

  • Thank you for your report.

    Unfortunately, we are unable to log this as an abandoned vehicle because: All the cars reported all are taxed and have MOT

    If there is an obstruction of the road or pavement or blocking drive this is the responsibility of the police to investigate and enforce.

    People often confuse a genuinely abandoned vehicle that PCC enforcement team have the powers to tackle and remove, with a nuisance and/or untaxed vehicle we can't do anything about.

    The council will not remove a vehicle that is taxed and in good condition unless there is strong evidence that it has not been in use for a long time (more than 3 months) and has been left on the highway or on private land without permission of the landowner.

    The council will only remove a vehicle if the investigating Officer is satisfied that the vehicle is abandoned in accordance with set criteria. Unfortunately, PCC (Peterborough City Council) do not deal with No Insurance or No MOT either. This is a police matter for no insurance and DVLA for no MOT matter that you can report to the police on 101 or on the links below.

    To report an Untaxed Vehicle - report-untaxed-vehicle

    To report a Car with No Mot or No Insurance - report-no-mot

    To report Illegal parking (double yellow) -

    Unfortunately, PCC do not get involved with private matters such as cars parked on private parking bays or drives, if the car is untaxed and parked on Private land the enforcement team may be able to assist at a fee to start the ABV process.

    In making this decision the Investigating Officer will consider a range of factors such as the age and condition of the vehicle, whether it is in tax, and anything that indicates that the vehicle is not in regular use. Please see below link on what PCC deal with and how you can report other issues.


    Kind Regards C.S-B Customer Services

    State changed to: No further action

    Posted by Peterborough City Council at 13:33, Thu 1 December 2022

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.