Back to all reports

Sewage drain blocked

Reported via desktop in the Blocked drainage gully category anonymously at 10:32, Saturday 16 January 2021

Sent to Peterborough City Council less than a minute later. Council ref: 2481446.

The sewage line runs in a line from the main road up the front gardens of the row of houses we are on. There is a blockage, either between us and the one closer to the road, or at our drain. There is a terrible smell of raw sewage and liquid coming from the drain onto the path and grass. The sewage cover is maybe just over roughly 1'5" wide and 2'5" long (maybe a storm drain???). I called the Peterborough City Council yesterday and spoke with Amanda, who game me a 'Report No: 2480482', and said "Someone would be with us shortly". Nobody came out yesterday (15/01/2021), so I called the Out Of Hours Number this morning and was told to call Anglian Water, as he thought the number Amanda gave me might be an Anglian Water job number???. There was a long queue, so pushed option 1 for them (Anglian Water) to call me back. Awaiting call. We have trouble with toilets flushing, and a a bit scared to use them. Even waste water from washing our hands is making a bubbling noise in the toilets, and as I said there is a terrible smell of raw sewage coming from the garden and back up the plug holes into the house, and liquid all over the grass and path. We have never had a blockage before, so are very worried by it. We also have a 75 year old lady with medical issues in the house, and need some help please.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thanks for making your report.

    It will be passed on to the relevant department. We will endeavour to provide you with an update within 10 working days.

    Posted by Peterborough City Council at 10:32, Saturday 16 January 2021

  • Unfortunately this is an Anglian Water foul water sewer, Peterborough City Council only maintain the surface water gullies on the road that take rain water. So you have done the correct thing and called Anglian Water on 03457 145 145, it may have been better to hold on the line.

    State changed to: not the council's responsibility

    Posted by Peterborough City Council at 11:06, Saturday 16 January 2021

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.